NEW FEATURES in the AT2K Antenna Tuner
A newly-designed, smaller roller inductor allows the AT2K to tune 6 Meters, while a relay-switched toroid adds the extra inductance needed for 160 Meter coverage. Newly designed capacitors feature lower minimum capacitance for improved high band performance, while maximum capacitance has been increased to 400pF for better low band performance. In addition, the Peak/Peak Hold metering from the PM2000A has been incorporated into the AT2K.
The AT2K matches dipoles, center fed doublets, Verticals, end-fed wire, delta loops, beams, Windoms, Inverted V’s and with the optional BK4N 4:1 current balun for balanced wire feeders.
The AT2K features a 6 position ceramic wafer antenna selector switch. Forward power metering is in two ranges, 300 and 3000 watts. A Peak/Peak Hold metering function is also provided. Standing Wave Ratio measurements are displayed with an illuminated cross-needle meter. SWR is read directly from the meter face where the Forward and Reverse needles cross.
Add 11 Ga. (.090″ thick) iridite-treated aluminum metalwork and durable powder coated finish on the front panel and top cover, and you have a tuner that will grace your shack for years to come.
- Output Power – 2000 watts PEP
- HF Bands – 160m to 6m (assuming resistive load)
- Tuning – Three controls
- Antenna switching – 6 position mode switch for multiple antennas
- Capacitor – low minimum custom variable capacitor; 15pF – 400pF@4.5 kV
- Roller inductor – silver-plated inductor wheel shaft and contact wheel on ceramic body
- Impedance – matching range 15 Ohms to 1500 Ohms
- Metering – Active crossneedle Peak/Peak Hold with backlighting
- Meter power range – 0-300 Watts / 0-3000 Watts
- Balun – Optional external 1:1 or 4:1 current
- Chassis – .090 ga. aluminium gold iridite coated
- Top cover – .090 ga. aluminium powder coated
- Front cover – .090 ga. aluminium powder coated
- Dimensions – 14.5″ wide x 5″ high x 13.5″ deep
- Shipping weight – 14 lb